The Right Sharing of World Resources (RSWR) is providing seed grants to the small grassroots organizations to implement women-led, income-generating projects in kenya.
RSWR is a Quaker organization supported primarily by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in the United States.
Goals for RSWR Seed Grants for Small Grassroots Organizations in Kenya
RSWR has two main goals:
- Provide grants for women in the developing world to begin small income-generating businesses so that they may help themselves and their families out of poverty.
- Help Quakers in the United States learn about the negative effects of poverty in the developing world and the negative effects of materialism in North America.What types of projects does RSWR support?
- RSWR supports income-generating, self-employment projects for poor women who are members of a self-help group. The project must include a revolving loan component.
- They believe that small scale income-generating projects offer a means of establishing self-sufficiency to very poor people.
- By requiring that the project include a revolving loan program, they can multiple the impact of their grant as the funds are revolved many times to many different women within the community.Project Partners
- Burdens of materialism and poverty affect all peoples, in the developing and developed world. The projects RSWR supports in the developing world build awareness and capacity in the beneficiaries as well as assisting them by providing employment alternatives so that they can move out of poverty.
- RSWR strives to provide awareness-building and alternatives for lifestyle changes for Quakers in the United States as they seek God’s leading in their lives.RSWR believes that they have much to learn from one another as they work together in partnership.
RSWR Seed Grants for Small Grassroots Organizations in Kenya – Grant Information
Up to US $5,500 for a one year project. Each group may receive only one grant.
Exceptions can be made to this only if it is clearly shown that a second grant will support a different group of women.
Eligibility Criteria for RSWR Seed Grants for Small Grassroots Organizations in Kenya
In Kenya, all groups must be self-directed by the women beneficiaries themselves. The leadership and management must come from within the group.
The group cannot be formed or managed by outside coordinators.